I’m the worst list maker.
I can make all sorts of lists. One of two things happen. Either, I lose it. Or, second, nothing gets done and I keep that paper so it becomes clutter – something else to pile up on any flat surface.
But now, I need ideas on what to write about. A suggestion was the “one word” prompt, which I was using, but now I need my own place for ideas. A place to go for when even those “one word” prompts just don’t really inspire me or if I even have a CLUE as to what it means. Honestly, I truly don’t think I should have to use an online dictionary to have to figure out the meaning of a prompt. If I don’t get it, it’s not worth the hassle.
Here’s one list – Those things I LOVE to splurge on when I have the extra funds or time:
- Tazo or Oregon latte mix concentrate
- Tazo Vanilla latte tea bags
- Leisurely walks on local walking trails in the springtime
- Walks along the walking trails in national parks
- Listening to the ocean while walking along the shore – or just sitting and watching the waves
- Cranking up the music on Spotify and dancing in my house – ALONE
- Playing Skyrim or Elder Scrolls Online – watch out for those in-game purchases!
- Having my nails done professionally
- Having my hair done
- Having time out and a great laugh with a girlfriend
Now, here’s another list: Things that JUST ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF ME!
- People who drive fast and pass you to beat a stoplight then? They’re caught at the same light as you.
- People who drive and they’re getting dressed – makeup or even LITERALLY as they’re putting on clothing – as they drive
- Texting and driving – bad combination
- A car PACKED with teenagers, DRIVEN by a teenager. Need I say more?
- “Oh I’m SO HUNGRY,” says a friend of yours then? He/she eats – NOTHING! You, meanwhile, would eat the whole DAMNED FARM!
- Long lines at a bank or even, infamously, at the Department of Motor Vehicles…and out of eight or nine POSSIBLE lines, they could have open? Only…TWO are. Even worse? It’s near closing time.
- Packed airplane with one frazzled parent and a screaming child – for an entire cross-country trip.
- My all-time favorite? Fingernails on a chalkboard.
- People NOT turning off the ringers on their cell phones, after being told to do so, and then, that ringer goes off giving everyone a heart attack!
- People who come to work sick, thinking it shows “dedication.”
Now comes one-word items of things I dislike:
- Folding that laundry
- Filling out paperwork
- Going THROUGH paperwork to keep or to “trash”
- Packing (trip or to move)
- Unpacking (from a trip or after a move)
- Making the bed
Ok, I must have those one-word items of things I actually like:
Looking things over, I don’t think I did too badly on this list. I sure could use some feedback on this one so if you have any, leave them in the comments. I sure would appreciate them. Meanwhile, I’m liable to look like this when writing my next post: